Thursday, June 3, 2010

Monkey Around



The challenge at Jitterbuggin this week was a lot of fun. The rules were to follow the sketch, use 3 different pattern papers, and to use a monkey from one of the Cricut cartridges. I chose to use the monkey from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. This monkey looks to me like he is swinging from tree to tree so I decided to make a tent card so he could dangle. You can find the directions for making a tent card here. I was pretty lucky for my pattern papers. I used double sided card stock and decided that counted as two and then the monkey paper I used was all I had left from another project. (I am so glad I saved my scraps!) The gold paper does have a pattern so I guess I ended up with four different pattern papers. I used my circle cutter to cut a 3 inch circle in the paper and then used the silhouette feature on George to make the frame around the circle.
Card Details:
Sentiment: Curvy Verses set from Stampin Up
Circle frame: George Cricut cartridge cut at 3.75 inches
Bananas: Animal Kingdom Cricut cartridge cut at 3 inches real dial size
Monkey: Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge cut at 3 inches

7 comments:

Sherri said...

How cute! I love the bananas!!


Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

Sherri

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna Waarvik said...

Nice card!

Stacy said...

Julie,
This card is so so cute. I love monkey of all shapes. I have this cartridge, so I may have to give this card a whirl.
Thanks so much for sharing
Stacy
((Im now following your blog too))

Sharon said...

I love it! I haven't made a tent card. Will have to try my hand at that! Awesome card!!! :)

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! This is totally ADORABLE!!! Found you through Jitterbuggin'. How fun to find new people through blog hopping. Never been there either. Been dying to make a tent card. Thanks for the link! xxD

Sara Stars said...

Hi there - beautiful card - I am trying to use this same monkey for some valentine's day cards. How did you get the hightlight pieces? did you free hand them? or cut a whole other monkey -sorry i am a total newbie :)