Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Winter Fairy

 
It would be wonderful if this little guy could blow some cooler air our way.  The temps have been in upper 90's and even reached over 100 degrees this month.
 
For this card I got to play with my new cottage cutz dies.  I just got the snowflake wreath and the snowflake border so I can work on some more Christmas cards.  The snowflake wreath was a little more difficult to cut.  I had a hard time getting a complete cut until I added an extra piece of cardstock in my cuttlebug stack.  Then it cut perfectly.  I colored his wings with T1 and T4 copics and then painted with extreme glitter paint.  I wanted them to look silvery and I think they turned out great. 
 
Card Details:
Image:  Winter Fairy Halla from Mo's Digital Pencil
Copics:  E00, E11, E13, E50, E51, E53, B91, B93, T1, T4, W0, W1
Cottage cutz snowflake border and snowflake wreath dies
Spellbinders square and scalloped square dies
Martha Stewart snowflake border punch
Snowflake from Christmas Noel Cricut cartridge cut at 1.5 inches
Tim Holtz pumice stone distress ink
chunky white embossing enamel
 
Entered in following challenges:
Bronte and Bella's Challenge (Mo's Digital Pencil:  Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts:  Something Blue
Crafty Cardmakers: Snow and Ice
Creative Creations Challenge: Early Christmas

8 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful creation Julie. Your image is coloured beautifully and those lovely diecuts are just so wintry and very pretty.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

Unknown said...

Julie, This is so pretty! I love all the frosty blues and beautiful embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

Viv said...

One of my fave Mo's Christmas images and you've certainly done her justice! Just Lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers

Josephine said...

This is so pretty - love the sweet image and those gorgeous die cuts!

Thanks for joining my 'Christmas Snow and Ice' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!

~ginny said...

I love how you colored this Mo... turned out BEAUTIFUL Julie!
~ginny g

Julie Reed said...

Gorgeous, one if my favourite winter images so beautifully used. Thanks for joining us at CCM. Jules DT :)

J said...

The sweet image is coloured beautifully, and I really like the blue/brown colour combination! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Crafteezee said...

So so gorgeou, love the colour scheme. Thanks for playing with us at BunnyZoe, and so sorry I'm so late leaving you a comment.
Hugs Tracy x